Monday, February 15, 2010

My Valentine

Well, this weekend was not quite as twitterpated as I had hoped it would be, but I have to say that my sweet Valentine was just what I needed him to be. All three of our boys had nasty colds all weekend, and I spent the evening of Valentine's Day at the Urgent Care Clinic with our youngest. Dominic's cold turned into croup, and he was having a hard time breathing and swallowing whenever he would have a coughing spell, which was very scary for him and his mommy! None of our kids have ever had croup, so this was a new experience for me. After 2 1/2 hours at Urgent Care, the doctor decided to give Dominic a steroid shot to reduce the swelling of his throat. Dominic was not impressed, but the shot quickly worked its magic (thank-goodness)! So, while I was in a tizzy all weekend, hovering over sick kids, dispensing cup after cup of cough meds and Tylenol, and basically being a grumpy-worry-wart, my sweet husband held us all together. He did the dishes, the laundry, and even the cooking---all without complaining and with a calmness that I truly needed. How frequently I fault him for not showing enough emotion! Apparently God knew that I had enough emotion for an entire household, which is why He gave me my perfectly-even-keeled husband and a houseful of boys! :) Anyway, I find myself more thankful for my Valentine this year than ever before---not for any amazing gift he surprised me with, but for the amazing gift of who he is, which keeps surprising me more year after year.

post signature

1 comment: