Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Speechless

Speechless is the perfect title for this posting for two reasons:

  1. I literally am speechless today. Over the last few days my voice has gradually disappeared, and now all that's left is a sound that resembles a dying frog. Perhaps this is my Lenten penance... God decided that I talk too much and need to listen more, so He MADE me give up talking. Really. I don't doubt it. He did it to Zechariah, didn't He? Truly, though, this is quite a sacrifice for this talkative red-head. I'm too humiliated to even answer the phone, unless a true kindred spirit calls who I know won't mind my croaky voice :) I know that "this too shall pass," but please help me pray that it passes quickly...and if anyone has any natural remedies to speed up the process, I'm "all" ears :)
  2. The second reason I'm speechless is because of my eldest son's most recent drawings. I've always known he was a gifted artist, and most of the time I take it for granted because I'm so used to him drawing great pictures all day long. But every once in awhile, he'll show me a drawing that truly renders me speechless. I only wish he drew religious masterpieces rather than detailed dog-fighting scenes. Hopefully in time :) I'm sure Michelangelo would've drawn jet fighters if his father was a pilot and if jets existed at the time, right?







post signature

1 comment: