Monday, February 1, 2010

Tooth Fairy Tonight

Michael was beaming when I picked him up from school today, running at mach-speed down the sidewalk and waving a baggy in the air containing his first lost tooth. He has been waiting for this day for a long time. The past few months he had been lamenting the fact that he hadn't lost a tooth yet even though everyone else in his 1st grade class had---even his much younger cousin Elizabeth had lost a few! Oh, the horror of being a late bloomer for a boy (especially a highly competitive boy like Michael)!

Anyway, back to the beaming image of my one-tooth-less-son at school...

I immediately asked how it happened, and he exclaimed, "I lost it in my banana at lunch!" I laughed out loud and shook my head. How does a child lose a tooth in the softest fruit on the planet? I guess it is fitting for our funny and flamboyant son to lose his tooth in such a funny, flamboyant way! Congratulations, Michael, for your 1st grade coming of age event! I hope the tooth fairy can brave the bitter cold weather tonight...hopefully tooth fairies don't fly south in the winter! ;)


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Yay Michael! I remember losing a tooth by biting a spoon of Cheerios .... that tooth must have been ready to come out, to lose it in a banana! :D

    ReplyDelete