Monday, February 8, 2010

Superbowl Sacrifice

While most husbands in America were watching the 44th Super Bowl last night, my sweet husband was watching the movie "Cars" for the 44th time. Bless his heart. I think he truly would have enjoyed watching the game, eating tasty appetizers, and drinking a beer, but we don't get any channels on our TV. Poor us. In all honesty, we only miss watching TV a few times a year, and the rest of the year we are very happy it is not distracting us with its worldly messages or stealing away the little family time we seem to have these days. I truly feel blessed that I have a husband willing to "take one for the team" and sacrifice that innate masculine desire to watch football and to settle for spending quality time with his family instead. I think he looks rather happy and content in these pictures, don't you? If he was bitter about not watching the game, he sure hid it well :) Thanks, honey!



"Thanks for watching Cars with me, Daddy!
I love being with you."

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Did you delete Ken's comment? :) It made me laugh! I love guy humor! But seriously, good for Paul. Lots of good daddy points. Glad you guys had a good weekend!
    I couldn't call you back today because I went to the dentist and my face was numb most of the day. Call you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete