Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Wishful Thinking

Tonight I am wishing that:
  • my kids would stop their litany of coughing
  • my husband would be home instead of traveling for work all week
  • I would've been more patient and joyful with my kids and spent those extra few minutes reading to them, cuddling with them, talking with them about their day...instead of herding them off to bed as quickly as possible

Tomorrow (with the help of God's grace) I will be:

  • thankful for my children's steadily improving health and this opportunity to serve them and give them extra TLC while they are sick
  • thankful that my husband has a job---a great job---and that he provides so well for his family and is home more often than many other husbands are
  • the patient and joy-filled mother that I know I can be if I ask the Lord to help me...I will spend those extra few minutes reading and cuddling and listening instead of harping and sighing and waiting for it to be bedtime

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment