
Paul made it home a day early from his trip (YAY!)...just in time to head out the door with the family to attend Ash Wednesday Mass. The boys thought it was so "cool" to get ashes on their foreheads, SO cool that they kept touching their heads all throughout Mass until their ashes no longer resembled a cross. I had hoped to get a picture of the three of them with their cute "Hi-I'm-Catholic-marks" on their noggins when we got home, but I guess you get to look at me and my honey instead (sorry)! :}
I usually enter Lent with a bit of mourning for what I have to give up (it's a Catholic guilt thing, I guess), but this Lent I am actually eager to see what God will do with my heart over the next 40 days. He's got a lot of work to do, and I feel up to the challenge...not sure I'll be saying that a few days down the road! :) I have decided to give up an hour of my precious sleep in the mornings, and wake up at 5:15 to do some extra prayer time, work on my Bible study, and do a short devotional with my husband before he heads to work. I am hoping it will be even more precious than my sleep that I am sacrificing :) I hope all of you have a happy, holy Lent too!

No comments:
Post a Comment