Friday, February 12, 2010

Bragging About Birds

I have spent the last month working with the 2nd grade students on their auction project for the school. Their teacher is a bird-lover, so she and I came up with the idea of having each child select a bird to paint onto a ceramic plate. Sounds simple...but it was a lot of work. I'll spare you the stressful details regarding all the hiccups we encountered during the project and simply let you enjoy the beautiful results. I am so proud of the students and they are so proud of themselves! The only sad part is that the kids don't get to keep their plates after all that hard work. The whole set of plates is going to be sold to the highest bidder at the school auction. Of course I hope the plates earn a handsome price for the school, but my bigger hope is that whichever parent wins the bid will keep their child's plate and kindly give the other plates to their rightful owners. I am so happy this project is complete and that all the plates turned out even better than I expected. "Thank you, Jesus!"

Here is Joseph's beautiful ring-necked pheasant.
He picked this bird in honor of his South Dakota roots :)


Here are the proud 2nd graders showing off their masterpieces!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment