So I left the appointment with more questions than answers.
But thankfully, I have some wonderful friends who have been leading me towards some possible solutions. My NFP instructor is referring me to an NFP physician from the Tri-cities area who truly understands the fragile ecosystem of a woman's hormones and might be able to help me get my progesterone levels back to normal. Other friends have suggested some natural remedies like taking extra D and B vitamins, getting more exercise, and spending time with the Lover of my soul in front of the Blessed Sacrament. My husband has been extremely helpful too and has offered to take care of baby Isaiah at night so that I can start getting some sleep and begin the weaning process which might help stabilize my hormones. And many friends (and even strangers!) have reached out and shared their personal journeys through depression and hormone imbalances which has consoled my heart more than they will ever know and made me feel like I'm not alone.
So THANK YOU, all of you, who have been walking beside me on this road that I never thought I'd be on. Your outpouring of tips, words of encouragement, and prayers are helping me to have hope and giving me the strength to keep putting one foot in front of the other as I continue to search and to find.
P.S. If there are others out there who would like to share their wisdom or experiences with me but don't want to leave a public response in the "comment" box, you are welcome to email me at: pmhurlbert@gmail.com
Continued prayers for you as you face this challenge. I'm glad you are seeking another Dr, who has good knowledge of how women are created in His precious image. It doesn't hurt to get those progesterone levels checked at least, even if it isn't the root cause, it is definitely worth checking. Glad you are going with the gut feeling and seeking additional care. Hurray for extra prayer time and supportive family life. God Bless!
ReplyDelete