Here is a litany of things that I am praising God for this week:
Isaiah is finally sleeping through the night and the "sleep training" process was miraculously easy with him. We started laying him in his crib awake when it was time for him to nap, and he only fussed for about 5 minutes the first couple of times, and now when we lay him down, he doesn't fuss a bit. He just rolls onto his side to snuggle with is blanket and happily goes to sleep---all...night...long! I can hardly believe it. I am so thankful for my husband who not only insisted that we do the sleep training, but he also did most of the work (especially in the middle of the night those first few days).
Isaiah also has become fully weaned this past week. This was a bit earlier than I had intended to wean, but in my heart I knew it was the right time for my own personal health--physically and emotionally I was exhausted from waking up every hour at night to feed him. I am so thankful that the weaning process was a breeze. This little guy just loves his bottle and loves being held for feedings by his daddy and his adoring brothers. I think he is getting way more milk from the bottle than he was getting from me, which is probably part of the reason he is now sleeping through the night.
I can already feel the difference in my hormones and moods now that I am getting adequate sleep and not nursing anymore. My cycle this month is also showing a good change...my ovulation occurred a week earlier than the previous 3 months, which is closer to my normal cycles again, and my luteal phase lengthened considerably! Translation: I am starting to feel more like my happy self again!!!
I also started making notes in my "thankful journal" again, so here are some more little things that I am praising and thanking God for lately...
- being asked to sponsor a beautiful young lady named Nichole for a Cursillo retreat (please pray for her November 14-17...she has a deep wound in her heart that needs healing)
- the Eucharist, the Lover of my soul, always there...always
- "Trinity-Taco-Tuesdays": our new tradition of going to pray at the Trinity chapel after school and then going out for tacos afterwards
- my new (even shorter!!!) hairstyle
- Isaiah's peach-fuzzy hair
- Michael's contagious smile when he caught a rainbow trout
- date night at home with Chile's chips and salsa
- Isaiah's gummy grins and pointy chin
- wearing warm fall clothes again
- girl time with friends
- pretty scarves and hats
- my always-happy-2-year-old, my sunshine in the rain
- hearing Joseph tell stories of his 6th grade teacher, the former Army "drill-sergeant"
- watching Michael run and catch balls in the back yard all by himself
- taking pictures
- phone calls from my sensitive brother
- family rosary time with a candle burning
- quiet time
- watching the World Series with my boys while sipping a wine cooler
- catching up on my photo albums
- my husband surprising me with lattes that I don't deserve
- a date by myself at a crepe shop
- hugs from Dominic, my big boy who still loves to hug his mommy
- a glimpse of sunshine and hope peeking through the clouds in my soul
"We should not accept in silence the benefactions of God,
but return thanks for them."
St. Basil
"When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted
or take them with gratitude."
G.K. Chesterton
I've been thinking about you and keeping you in prayer! I am so very happy to hear that you are feeling better, Maria!! Thanks be to God!! Wow! That is awesome both the weaning process went great, and that Isaiah is sleeping through the night! God is SO GOOD! Thank you for the update!
ReplyDeleteBig hugs & prayers from FL,
Sonia