"It is indeed right and just,
our duty and our salvation,
always and
everywhere to give you thanks,
holy Father, almighty and eternal
God, through Jesus Christ our Lord."
I was wishing Ann could experience receiving the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist. How thankful she would be to have God within her in that special way! I believe the Eucharist is the greatest gift God has given us on this earth, and I am more thankful for it (I mean Him) than anything else. He is my Bread of Life that sustains me. He is all we really need, and yet He blesses us with so much more! I have so much to be thankful for. Even though we didn't celebrate with any family or friends this year, our Thanksgiving was full of blessings: sleeping in, not having to clean our house for company, hot waffles for breakfast, playing at the park in the afternoon, my husband cooking us steaks for our Thanksgiving meal (which meant I didn't have to cook!), and best of all, receiving Jesus at Mass. Today was truly a day of "eucharisteo", a day of Thanksgiving!
In case you want to read some great quotes from various saints about the treasure we have in the Eucharist, simply click on the link below and it will guide you to 15 pages(!!!) worth of beautiful quotes. I wish I could memorize them all!!!
http://www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/tes/a7.html
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your lovely family Maria! Sounds like you guys had a great day! We didn't celebrate with family or friends either this year, and I totally agree with you it was lovely being able to sleep in and not having to clean the house.... =) Thanks for sharing the link of the beautiful quotes on the holy Eucharist!
ReplyDeleteGod bless!
Sonia