My oh my, how time flies when you're having fun! Our fun-loving Nathanael turned THREE today. Since the day he was born, he has blessed our home with a JOY that we didn't even know was missing. Nathanael makes everyone in our home smile and laugh with his antics, his innocence, his dimpled chin, his funny faces, and his munchkin voice.
We had a very simple celebration for him today, but I'm pretty certain he didn't mind. Nathanael is our home-body. He just loves playing with his toys and being with his family. So after Mass, I stopped by the grocery store to get him some red, white, and blue cupcakes with sprinkles on top---he loves sprinkles. Then we came home, sang "Happy Birthday," ate some cupcakes, and opened a few little presents. He entertained himself the rest of the day with his new toys.
How I wish I could keep this little guy little and bottle up the joy he brings. But I know that's not possible and that joy is not meant to be hoarded, but rather to be shared. I know that Nathanael will continue to fill our home and our hearts with joy, and I pray that each year that he understands even more deeply how much he is loved--both by God and by his family.
Thank you, God, for blessing us with Nathanael.
He is sweeter than a cupcake with sprinkles on top!
No comments:
Post a Comment