A few nights before our party, we always have fun carving "Saint-O-Lanterns" and roasting the seeds for a tasty snack...
And then we have fun thinking of our favorite saints to dress up as, recalling their heroic faith and praying that we can become more like them every year until we meet them in person someday in heaven. Here are some of my favorite pictures of the costumes from this year...
Isaiah dressed as brave St. George, the dragon-slayer!
Paul and I dressed up as Blessed Louis and Zellie Martin, the parents of St. Therese, who are the only married couple to be beatified together. I pray that Paul and I can glorify God through our marriage like they did. (Sorry, there's no picture of me this year...apparently, I was a camera hog).
Nathanael was St. Gabriel the archangel, but I was worried he would become a "fallen angel" as he tried to climb up to the top bunk right before the party! Thank goodness for guardian angels!
Dominic was St. Juan Diego, and he sure loves the Blessed Mother just like Juan did!
Here is one of the sweetest guests at the party, little Agnes, dressed as pious St. Clare.
And here are all the little saints who came to our party this year!
5 girls plus 5 boys...they could make some saintly couples in years to come... ;}
We had a small gathering this year because I was a bit too overwhelmed to organize a big shin-dig. So we invited some of our dearest friends who are the most faith-filled Catholics we know,
and they creamed us in a Catholic Trivia game! Even Joseph and Michael were old enough to play the trivia game with us this year and they almost beat the adults! It's good to know how well they are being catechized at their Catholic school.
The party always ends with smashing a pinata full of candy. That way the kids won't miss out on the Halloween sugar-high that all their trick-or-treating friends experience!
Once again, fun was had by all, both young and old.
And hopefully God was glorified by our crazy-Catholic celebration!!!
HAPPY ALL SAINT'S DAY!!!
Great photos! Love all the Saints' costumes! =)
ReplyDelete