My husband, affectionately called "babe" by me, turned 38 today! Boy, he's getting old! Yesterday we took our boys for a bike ride to the park and then challenged them (and each other) to a series of races. I am ashamed to admit that my husband is faster than me...I guess those extra gray hairs and pounds haven't slowed him down as much as I thought! I really thought I could beat him...I used to beat the boys in high school track...how humbling. But thankfully (for my pride's sake) I can still beat our kids. Anyway, this morning Paul and I woke up stiff and sore and not feeling like the youthful kids we thought we were yesterday racing across the field with our little boys. But I have to say, there is no else I'd rather grow old with than my husband Paul. At 38 he's still as handsome to me as the day I became totally twitterpated. And although I wouldn't exactly call myself twitterpated anymore, I definitely love him more now than when he was a hot 27 year old sailor sweeping me off my feet :) I really love life and my family right now...hence the family picture of us posted with this blog. I love this picture...all of my kids are actually looking at the camera and smiling...that never happens. I love the way my hair-graying husband looks like a kid when he's looking at a map dreaming of shooting a monster bull and the way he still looks at me after all these years. I love the unique personalities of our boys and their fun ages right now. I love living surrounded by mountains and seeing beautiful snowflakes fall in June (yes, that's right, it snowed today!) And I love the Lord and all the things He's doing in my life and teaching me along the way. God is good.Monday, June 8, 2009
Thankful for my Birthday Babe!
My husband, affectionately called "babe" by me, turned 38 today! Boy, he's getting old! Yesterday we took our boys for a bike ride to the park and then challenged them (and each other) to a series of races. I am ashamed to admit that my husband is faster than me...I guess those extra gray hairs and pounds haven't slowed him down as much as I thought! I really thought I could beat him...I used to beat the boys in high school track...how humbling. But thankfully (for my pride's sake) I can still beat our kids. Anyway, this morning Paul and I woke up stiff and sore and not feeling like the youthful kids we thought we were yesterday racing across the field with our little boys. But I have to say, there is no else I'd rather grow old with than my husband Paul. At 38 he's still as handsome to me as the day I became totally twitterpated. And although I wouldn't exactly call myself twitterpated anymore, I definitely love him more now than when he was a hot 27 year old sailor sweeping me off my feet :) I really love life and my family right now...hence the family picture of us posted with this blog. I love this picture...all of my kids are actually looking at the camera and smiling...that never happens. I love the way my hair-graying husband looks like a kid when he's looking at a map dreaming of shooting a monster bull and the way he still looks at me after all these years. I love the unique personalities of our boys and their fun ages right now. I love living surrounded by mountains and seeing beautiful snowflakes fall in June (yes, that's right, it snowed today!) And I love the Lord and all the things He's doing in my life and teaching me along the way. God is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Geez Maria,
ReplyDeleteI guess I can come here when I need a good cry ;)
Such a touching entry.
Or maybe that's just my hormones kicking in?!
We'll see.
Love,
beth
No, Beth. It's not just you...I welled up,too! :)
ReplyDelete