Monday, June 8, 2009

Thankful for my Birthday Babe!

My husband, affectionately called "babe" by me, turned 38 today! Boy, he's getting old! Yesterday we took our boys for a bike ride to the park and then challenged them (and each other) to a series of races. I am ashamed to admit that my husband is faster than me...I guess those extra gray hairs and pounds haven't slowed him down as much as I thought! I really thought I could beat him...I used to beat the boys in high school track...how humbling. But thankfully (for my pride's sake) I can still beat our kids. Anyway, this morning Paul and I woke up stiff and sore and not feeling like the youthful kids we thought we were yesterday racing across the field with our little boys. But I have to say, there is no else I'd rather grow old with than my husband Paul. At 38 he's still as handsome to me as the day I became totally twitterpated. And although I wouldn't exactly call myself twitterpated anymore, I definitely love him more now than when he was a hot 27 year old sailor sweeping me off my feet :) I really love life and my family right now...hence the family picture of us posted with this blog. I love this picture...all of my kids are actually looking at the camera and smiling...that never happens. I love the way my hair-graying husband looks like a kid when he's looking at a map dreaming of shooting a monster bull and the way he still looks at me after all these years. I love the unique personalities of our boys and their fun ages right now. I love living surrounded by mountains and seeing beautiful snowflakes fall in June (yes, that's right, it snowed today!) And I love the Lord and all the things He's doing in my life and teaching me along the way. God is good.

2 comments:

  1. Geez Maria,

    I guess I can come here when I need a good cry ;)
    Such a touching entry.
    Or maybe that's just my hormones kicking in?!
    We'll see.
    Love,
    beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Beth. It's not just you...I welled up,too! :)

    ReplyDelete