Thursday, June 25, 2009

Deep Thought Thursday #3

One of the highlights (or lowlights depending on your perspective) of our last camping adventure inspired this week's deep thought. My husband, our 3 boys, and myself were hiking along a beautiful creek and we stopped to take a short break to let the boys throw some rocks in the rushing stream. My husband chose a nice, tranquil place to sit and watch his sons improve their throwing arm. He truly looked like a rustic model, and I thought about taking a picture of him and submitting it to L.L. Bean or some ourdoorsy magazine. About 5 seconds after I had this thought, he jumps up like a mad-man and starts doing a frantic little jig while trying to swat a myriad of ants who were apparently protesting about this giant who dared sit so near their home. I was laughing so hard that I don't think I helped get many of the gutsy little buggers off of him. He was laughing too (once most of them were off and he escaped with only one tiny bite), and that brief, humorous incident sparked a few deep musings:


  1. Always look before you sit

  2. Always have your camera ready

  3. Despite the inevitable "ants" that life sends your way, you can still choose to be a "happy camper"

Truly, for those who love the Lord and know of his abundant love, mercy, and grace, there is nothing this world can send that can steal away our joy if we focus on Him. Who knew ants-in-the-pants could be so inspiring? Deep thoughts from Happy Camper Maria :)

No comments:

Post a Comment