Thursday, June 11, 2009

Deep Thought Thursday #2

Now, I'm certainly no hockey guru, simply a concerned hockey mom, married to a former hockey stud, who has been watching the current Stanley Cup Play-Offs (GO PENS!) and getting a bit annoyed. I simply cannot understand the need for so much unsportsmanlike violence on the ice. And I don't mean just the fighting, which is also a lame waste of time exhibited by immature pansies who apparently have no self-control...I'm also referring to the hidden little jabbing, tripping, back-checking, slashing, and other sneaky means of provoking that the players hope and pray the refs don't see. I mean, really, is that necessary? Is that manly? I think not. I mean, think about it... What's manly about pulling a player's jersey over his head so he can't even fight back like a man? For the love of the game, can't players start acting like professionals on the ice? Just look at the Great One (that would be Wayne Gretzky for those of you who are clueless about hockey history)...Gretzky very rarely lost his temper, checked, or found himself twiddling his stick in the penalty box. I wish more players would follow his great example... Who knows, perhaps they'd become Great Ones too, and if they gave the glory to the Greatest One (God), than the Greatest game ever played would be even Greater...wouldn't that be GREAT! Deep thoughts by hockey mom Hurlbert :)

No comments:

Post a Comment