Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Things Kids Say...

The other day, Dominic was playing with his cars and trucks naming them one by one:

"Excavator, dump truck, fire truck, back hoe loader, convertible, semi-truck, hay-mer..."

"Hay-mer, what is a hay-mer," I asked him, as the strange word caught my attention in the kitchen.

He held up a skinny looking race car, and said "hay-mer" again.

So I wisely correct him and say, "No, Dominic, that's a race car."

"Nope," he relied, "it's a hay-mer," and he turned around and continued playing.

Alrightythen. I guess I should be thankful that my son has an creative imagination and won't be one to follow the crowd :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Dominic, as you know. You can consider me willing to take your children if anything happens to you and Paul.
    A bit morbid, I know. But it's true. They would add a lot of character to our huge family. Just leave us some money to upgrade our vehicles.

    ReplyDelete