Over Father's Day weekend we embarked upon our 1st family camping trip of the summer. It was the ideal way to celebrate Father's Day because being in the great outdoors is what my husband loves best. He was truly in his element teaching his boys (and his bride) how to shoot a rifle, showing off his skills as camp-cook and fire-starter, helping his son Michael learn how to ride a bike without training wheels, and finishing the day sitting under the stars around the campfire drinking a beer or two. "Life just doesn't get any better than this," was written all over his face :) Here are a few photos of the weekend's highlights...

Paul in his "happy place" :)

Maria with a gun...something's wrong with this picture!

Paul loved being the instructor for "Rifle 101" with his sons!

Legos made Joseph a happy camper!
Michael was bursting with pride after his 1st bike ride with no training wheels!

Dump trucks and dirt...Dominic's dream come true!
I'm so proud of Micheal!
ReplyDeleteWill is trying to go 'wheel-less" tonight.
I got your message, by the way. We will go out of town this weekend to visit my sister, Jami, and her family. I really wanted to do the hike. I will try to pray at the clinic, at least.
And we will definitely be bringing our bikes on Thursday!
God bless you Maria!
Beth