Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Hunting Harvest Recap

Well, hunting season is over.  Some of us are mourning, others are celebrating (I won't name any names)... ;) This year was extra special because it was Joseph's first year as an official hunter.  He aced his hunter safety course and was eager to pull the trigger to fill our freezer with meat.  Paul took Joseph out hunting many times; however, his season ended with no meat, but lots of good exercise hiking in the mountains and some great father-son bonding.  I consider that still a successful season.  Paul went out hunting a few times without Joseph as well, and was able to harvest one nice buck.  Paul was a bit disappointed that he finished another season without shooting an ever-elusive elk, but at least our freezer has some meat, so we are blessed.

I just couldn't make myself take a picture of the dead buck hanging in our garage, but I did manage to get a sweet shot of this handsome father-son hunting duo...





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment