Monday, April 20, 2015

9 minutes that will stretch your heart

I came across this amazing "true love" story on Ann Voskamp's blog.  It was just what my shallow heart needed to see.  It humbles me to admit that marriage is hard for me.  In other words, I'm not very good at it because I have carried in my heart a very selfish definition of what love is.  The Gospel gives us the correct definition, of course, but it has always been hard for me to convert that self-sacrificial definition of  love into my marriage.  Perhaps I watched a few too many sappy romance movies over the years when I should have been reading my Bible instead!  :)  But anyway, this story of marriage lives out the Gospel definition of love more beautifully than I've ever seen...it is definitely worth the 9 minutes!










post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment