I think the photos will tell the rest of the story... :)
Michael with his buddies Greyson and Jared,
and, of course, his big brother and best friend, Joseph
Pretty good form, Cabrera...
STRIKE! Can you tell that this boy is competitive?
Michael and his buddies at the new Japanese Sushi and Hibachi Grill
We had a fun waiter named "How" who made the night a blast...
LITERALLY, a blast!
The birthday boy catching the broccoli that the waiter chucked at him.
Michael was a bit mortified when a group of waiters came ringing a gong
and singing "Happy Birthday" to him with a dish of ice cream.
He's giving me the look, "thanks a lot, mom!"
Then the boys came home to play some Wii football games.
The perfect end to a perfect day for Michael.
Dear Michael,
Oh how I still love your chocolate brown eyes and your face filled with freckles! I remember so well falling in love with you at the hospital with your peach-fuzzy red hair and your premie-cherub face. You were zealous even in my womb as you decided to introduce yourself to the world nearly a month early--the night your daddy flew home from Iraq to be exact. You were tiny, but definitely made your presence known... How vividly I remember your colicky, blood-curdling crying phase that seemed to last the entire first year of your life. You always wanted to be held as a baby, and I'm thankful that you still let me snuggle with you from time to time when I come into your room to bless you at night :) But it's clear to see that you are no longer my sweet baby boy, but rather a handsome, holy young man with a gentle, but passionate, heart. You are such an awesome big brother, and I hope you never grow out of your love for playing with the little ones. May you never be too cool to be a cool big brother. I know sometimes you worry that you're going to be small forever compared to kids your age, but just remember that what really matters is the size of your heart. And I can tell you that your heart is SUPER-SIZED, which makes me so proud of you! Michael, Michael, Michael, you are our son who loves all things sports, and I pray that God will channel your competitive nature in ways that will always glorify Him. I do wonder what you will be when you grow up...the next Miguel Cabrera in MLB, or a zeal-filled priest winning souls for Christ, or perhaps a brilliant and crazy teacher like Mr. Greaney who you admire so much??? Whatever you choose to be, I hope it helps you grow closer to Christ and helps you quench His thirst for souls. That's all that matters in this world: getting to heaven and getting others there too. I love you so much and it has been such a privilege to be your mom and to watch you grow into who God is calling you to be. I will cover you in prayer always, especially asking for the intercession of your patron, St, Michael, because you need all the protection you can get! :)
Love,
Mom
You have teenager and a tween in the house, already?! How quickly the years go by! =(
ReplyDeleteYour letter was very beautiful! Happy 12th Birthday, Michael! God bless you!