Still waiting to start "real" labor... I am progressing though! At this week's appointment I was 90% effaced, 2 cm dilated, and the baby's head was at -1 station. My doctor said I am "on the verge," but, of course, I know that really means it could be today OR two weeks from now before I hold our newest miracle. In the meantime, I'm just trying to focus on giving thanks and not worrying. So here is my very belated "Thankful Thursday" list that I have been adding to for many weeks but kept forgetting to post:
- my sweet husband who was willing to take some pictures of my big belly before it gets deflated (didn't he do a great job!?)
- my calming, encouraging, amazing OBGYN (I hope and pray she will be on-call when I go into labor, but if she is not that I will be at peace with that too)
- the Sacrament of Confession, like opening a window into my soul to let in the light of grace and the fresh air of hope
- precious love notes from Paul on the coffeemaker in the morning
- our new, humble and holy Pope to guide the church towards Christ
- watching my boys love each other through giggling, wrestling, and teasing one another (how on earth did we manage to have 4 boys who adore each other and seldom fight!?)
- the Holy Spirit filling my mind with a much-needed verse: "My soul finds joy in God my Savior," reminding me that God is all I need to find joy
- the gift of "Dinners Done Right" meals from my husband
- Nathanael's new found love of puzzles
- Michael's helpful heart with Nathanael--always offering to read to him, give him a bath, play with him, and tuck him in for bedtime
- boys who love going to the dentist (and none of them having cavities this time!)
- praying Hail Mary's and the Litany of Saints with the boys on the way to school each morning, and the way Nathanael pipes up at the end with his own prayer to "St. Natey!"
- the sweet way Nathanael sings "Jesus Loves Me" and "Hail Mary Gentle Woman" every night in his bed
- Dominic's beaming face when he gets "happy grams" from his teacher
- prayer warriors who lovingly stand on the sidewalk of Planned Parenthood every week
- Joseph's team winning 2nd place in the Roman Catholic Challenge competition; it humbles me to see how much he loves his Catholic faith and how confident he is to share it
- Michael's "toothpick incident" (long story that involved the ER) which turned out alright (PTL!)
- watching Joseph's and Michael's confidence and skill on the baseball field; plus, seeing the love of the game written all over their faces
- vanilla spice lattes (for me) and donuts (for the kids) on Sundays after church
What a pretty baby belly! Can't wait to meet the little one.
ReplyDeletePaul did awesome with the pictures!...I am so excited for you guys...all the way from Nebraska...excited! :) Prayers!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDelete