And boy have I been nesting!!! It is both a blessing and a curse, for it has been extremely productive, yet absolutely exhausting. These past few weeks have been a flurry of cleaning, organizing, giving bags and bags to Good Will, washing baby clothes, and trying to finish up half-completed projects before baby and sleep deprivation arrive. One of the big projects on my nesting list was finishing up the blue jean quilt that I started for Michael many, many months ago. It has been such a fun and therapeutic project for me, but last week I was overtaken with the urgent feeling that...
it...must...get...finished...right...now...period.
I had this irrational fear that if I didn't finish it before the baby came, then it wouldn't get finished until Michael graduated from high school.
So, that's what I did---I finished it. Now the baby can come whenever he's ready. :)
Michael was thrilled with the blanket's baseball theme. I was thrilled to finish it and to use up a huge pile of the boys' holey jeans and old uniform pants in the process. My ultimate goal is to make a blanket for each boy before they graduate, but right now I am content with being 1/5 done! :) It was special for me to pray for Michael as I worked on his quilt, praying for his virtue to increase as he grows and for God's protection to always cover him just as this quilt will cover him with warmth and his mother's love.
Here are some photos I took over the past few months while working on Michael's special quilt:
I love you, Michael, and I hope this blanket will always remind you of that. May it cover you with the warmth of my love for many, many years!
What an awesome quilt!!! I always envisioned doing quilts for my boys. Hum, one has graduated and the other one will in June. Opps. I did do scrapbooks though. If I ever start quilting again, I will have to come visit:-)
ReplyDelete