Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter Recipes

I made a couple of Easter recipes that I am posting so that I won't forget them, but perhaps some of you will enjoy them as well:


The first one is the Bird Nest Cookies that I mentioned and pictured in my last post.  I used the recipe right on the M&Ms bag and only changed one thing:  I added peanut butter to the indentations to prevent the M&Ms from falling off.  Enjoy!

Easter Bird Nest Cookies

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 1/3 cup flaked, sweetened coconut
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened--NOT melted
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups M&M’s® Brand Speckled Milk Chocolate Eggs
  • (I added peanut butter to the indentations)

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Spread coconut on non-greased cookie sheet. Toast in oven, stirring occasionally, until it turns light golden, about 15-20 minutes.
  2. Remove coconut from cookie sheet and set aside.
  3. Increase oven temperature to 350°F. In large bowl, add butter and sugar and whip until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla.
  4. In medium bowl, combine flour and salt. Blend into creamed mixture.
  5. Form dough into 1-1/4-inch balls. Roll heavily into toasted coconut.
  6. Place coconut cookies 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Make indentation with thumb in center of each cookie. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
  7. Remove cookies and cool completely. Spread a little bit of peanut butter into each indentation, and then fill with M&M’s® Brand Speckled Milk Chocolate Eggs.
 
After the Easter celebrations were all over, I found my fridge full of dyed hard-boiled eggs, so I wanted to make an Egg Salad Sandwich recipe.  I found a simple one in my Betty Crocker cookbook, and then I added a few favorite ingredients of my own to make it extra delicious.
 
Easter Egg Salad Sandwiches
 

INGREDIENTS:

  • 8 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
  • 4 Tbsp. mayo
  • 1 Tbsp. mustard
  • 1/4 cup Craisens (dried cranberries)
  • 1/4 cup walnuts
  • 1 can tuna, drained (you could also use up left-over ham, cut up into small pieces)
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I added more)
  • salt and pepper to season to your liking
  •  
 
 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment