Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thankful Thursday: my mom's visit edition

My husband has been gone for a couple of weeks on a business trip, so my mom came to rescue me for about 5 days in the middle of his absense---what a blessing!  Most of the things I have to be thankful for lately are related to her visit (hence the title of this blog post).  So here's my list, along with a few photos to make you smile :)
 
  • watching my mom play games and read books with my boys
  • decorating the Christmas tree with my mom and the boys
  • listening to non-stop Christmas music--especially Anne Murray, James Taylor, Fernando Ortega, and my new favorite...the Benedictine Sisters of Mary (I feel like I'm in heaven listening to angels when they sing!)
  • continued success in potty training Nathanael (he still doesn't "like" to go #2, but he does it every time on the potty with no accidents, so I'm calling that a success)
  • the way my boys love John Denver's music as much as their mother (I never thought that could be possible, but I love it...especially hearing Nathanael belt out "Take me Home Country Roads" from the back seat while driving to school)
  • Nathanael's ADORABLE 2 year portraits that we recently had taken at Walmart (I was so thankful my mom came with me to help get him to smile so sweet for the camera)
  • simplifying Christmas spending by setting a 3 gift limit for our kids (I figure that Jesus only got 3 gifts from the wisemen, so why should our kids get any more than the King of Kings, right?)
  • sipping a cup of coffee in the morning now that I'm not nauseous anymore
  • the delight on my boys' faces when they get to open another door to their Advent calendars (their aunt and uncle from Germany sent them each a calendar filled with authentic German chocolate...how cool!)
  • hearing our baby's heartbeat
  • missing my husband and anticipating his return to my arms
 
 
 
 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment