Winter in Montana gets long, especially for little boys who love to play in the dirt with their trucks. So I decided to help my 2-year-old cope with the cold weather by creating some "dirt" to play with inside instead. Nathanael LOVED it! He has spent hours playing with his trucks and various kinds of "dirt" all week. One day we used uncooked rice, another day we tried rice krispies, another day we used cheerios mixed with chocolate chips. I used a cookie sheet to attempt to contain the mess a little bit, but I still found that I had to vacuum after the "excavation site" shut down for the day :)
I'd love to hear other creative ideas that you crafty moms have come up with to entertain your kids when they can't play outside. We still have 4 long months of cold weather here, so I need all the help I can get!
No comments:
Post a Comment