Monday, November 9, 2009

Retreat Recap

Thank you for showering my husband with prayers this past weekend! Your prayers worked and he came home truly "filled" with extra graces and faith. The boys and I attended the closing ceremony at the retreat, and it was so touching to see such a Spirit-filled group of men! It was also fun to watch the men giving countless hugs to each other as it was time to say good-bye. I don't think Paul has ever been hugged so much in his whole life! For those of you who know my husband, he grew up in a house full of brothers, so hugging is a bit out of his comfort zone :) I am so thankful that Paul said "yes" to this opportunity to grow in his faith and to seek Christian fellowship with other men. He will probably join a prayer group/bible study with a group of the guys, and I think that will help all of them to keep fanning the flames of faith that they received at the retreat. As Jesus said: "I have come to set the world on fire and how I wish it were already ablaze!" (Luke 12:49) Thank you, Lord, for filling my husband with the fire of Your love!

P.S. Now all of you can start praying for me, as I make the Women's Curcillo Retreat this coming weekend! :) I am really looking forward to it and I hope it fans the flames of my faith as it did for my husband.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. :D I'm glad to hear he had a great Spirit filled time! I can't speak for Greg but I want to make a Cursillo at some point. Just waiting for the right point. :)

    ReplyDelete