Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Night of Sacrifice

Last night was one of those nights of parental sacrifice. Child #1 woke up in the middle of the night coughing every 3 seconds and needed medicine and extra TLC. Paul was gone on a work trip, so I (stupidly) let Coughing Child snuggle in bed with me. Once he finally stopped coughing on me (an hour or two later), he started snoring so loud that I got evicted out of my own bed. My brain must not fire on all four cylinders in the middle of the night, because I (stupidly) decided to camp out on the floor in the hallway between all three rooms, thinking that was the perfect place to be able to hear any of the children if they woke up. In case you were curious, the floor is no longer comfortable after you turn 30. Did I forget to mention that Child #2 and Child #3 also woke up sometime after my eviction too? One needed to pee, the other had a bad dream. I told Bad Dream Child, "Sorry, my bed's already taken. Go tuck yourself in your own bed again." Apparently, sleeping on the floor sucks all the compassion right out of ya. I might seriously need a nap today, in my own soft, comfortable, bed.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I'm sure that the hallway was NOT pleasant...but those kiddos sure are blessed to have a Mama who WILL sleep in the hallway instead of just letting them tend to themselves. Motherhood is a daily martyrdom, and you're doing a great job at dieing (I'm sure the hallway helped). :D

    ReplyDelete