Sunday, August 2, 2009

Good Medicine

Tonight we had some dear friends over for supper, followed by a fun (and wet) water balloon fight in the back yard! I'm not sure who had more fun, the kids or the adults! It was such a delight for me to see my husband laugh and enjoy himself so much, and our boys were literally soaking it all in and grinning from ear to ear the whole time. Paul made it his mission to drench his innocent bride (OK, OK, I tried to get him first), and I honestly haven't laughed so hard in...gosh, I'm not sure how long. The verse that came to mind as the night came to a close was...

"A joyful heart is good medicine,
but a broken spirit dries up the bones."
(Proverbs 17:22)

Well, needless to say, our bones and clothes and hair and spirit were far from dry...we were soaked and full of joy! Thank you, Lord, for fun friends, summer nights, and water balloon fights. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment