Michael is our "ACT BEFORE YOU THINK" child. He was simply born this way (but I sure hope he grows out of it someday!) I can prove this point with many-a-story, but here is the latest one... While we were on one of our hikes this past weekend, Michael jumped up on a huge rock that was overlooking about a 15 foot drop (at least). I promptly scolded him to get down while having a mini heart attack, and I explained that if he fell (which was a high probability since he's also our clumsy child) he could have died. The friends we were hiking with have a 3-year-old daughter named Agnes who witnessed and overhead the whole affair, and she immediately added, "Yes, he would need a
very big band-aid." Truly, out of the mouth of babes comes wisdom. :)

I didn't get a picture of Michael on the rock with the perilous drop off because I was too busy trying to get him
off the rock. So you'll just have to look at this sweet picture of Michael standing on some smaller rocks in the middle of a freezing, rushing, mountain stream instead. I sure hope his guardian angel has fast wings and is willing to work overtime! :}
No comments:
Post a Comment