Sunday, August 9, 2009

Eventful Sunday Drive


After Mass this morning, we picked up some donuts (our usual tradition as long as the boys behaved well during the service), and we headed on Sunday drive to scope out some possible camping sites for this coming weekend. I gave each of the boys a donut in the backseat, and by the time I looked back again Dominic was nearly finished with his donut---but was wearing most of the chocolate! Thankfully, I had my camera along for just such a photogenic moment :) The other excitement on our trip was spotting a mama grizzly and her cub about 80 yards from our car!!! We saw them very near the spot that we were considering camping at this weekend...after which, I quickly vetoed that location for future camping! But it was exciting, nonetheless, and we now feel like true Montanans to have seen a grizzly in the wild (thankfully from the safety of our suburban). Sorry, no photos of the griz...they bolted as soon as we spotted them :(

No comments:

Post a Comment