Monday, August 24, 2009

1st Day of School "Blues"???

Well, as you can see in these photos, the only thing "blue" about the 1st day of school was my boys' uniforms! The boys were so excited to start school today as big 1st and 2nd graders! Even Dominic thought he was old enough to start school and ran upstairs to grab his backpack when it was time to go :) I have to admit I was a bit "blue" knowing that my 2 big boys wouldn't be home with me all day, but it sure helped knowing that they were happy about going and that they have such a faith-filled Catholic school where they learn more than just the 3 R's. Just as an example, I lingered a few extra minutes in Michael's classroom this morning just to make sure he was "settled," and the teacher had all of the kids and parents make a big circle so that we could all pray together for a safe, productive, and holy school year. How blessed we are to have such a great school with such loving and holy teachers! I often ponder and pray about whether God wants me to homeschool again, and perhaps He does someday, but for now I feel so peaceful and confident about where my boys are at.

Do these boys look blue to you?

Joseph is ready for 2nd grade!

Michael is ready for 1st grade!

Dominic thinks he's ready for school too!


2 comments:

  1. They are so handsome in their blue! Thanks for sharing your family with us. I pray for a great school year with much discovery for those two guys.
    Love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael looks like your mom in this picture!

    ReplyDelete