I recently watched Star Wars II with my older boys, and Yoda made a remark that I found to be truly profound the more I pondered it. The soon-to-be evil Emperor asks Yoda if he thinks a war is eminent. Yoda reflects a moment and then replies,"The dark side of the Force clouds everything.
Impossible to see the future is."
As I read the headlines and listen to Christian and Catholic radio stations, I can't help but think that the "dark side of the Force" (aka Satan) is clouding our culture and the judgment of many of our leaders. How can our country possibly be condoning same-sex marriages, contraception that kills babies, and abortion as a fundamental right? And more recently, I've been reading about Obama's so-called health-care plan which would make abortions completely funded by taxpayers (that's you and me!). That truly makes me sick. A spiritual war is certainly being fought. As discouraged as I sometimes get, I find comfort knowing who my real Commander in Chief is...Jesus Christ. He will win in the end; I simply fear the casualties and the pain to occur before the battle is over. I will continue to pray for our country, our President, and all our US and foreign leaders. I will pray that ALL turn away from the dark side of the Force and turn to Christ, our hope and our salvation. May the Force be with you...the Force of Christ through His Holy Spirit!
~Deep thoughts by Jedi-Obi-wanna-be Maria :)
Greg was telling me about some weird UN thingy that countries are ratifying that includes stuff about it how it's a child's right to not be told what religion to be. The US and Somalia have not ratified it, but other countries such as Israel have.
ReplyDeleteSometimes it's exciting living in the midst of such heresy (after all, great Saints come out of times like this), other times it's just sickening.
Thanks for taking the time to post this. I ran into Greg Trude (Montana Right to Life) at starbucks today.
ReplyDeleteWe had a similar conversation and thank God we still have hope at the end of the day.
Love you in Christ
beth
that's funny that I'm 'Nick' somehow. weird
ReplyDelete