This morning during my devotional time, I experienced great consolation from God when I happened upon this prayer from St. Teresa that spoke to my heart in ways that are hard for me to express. I have been experiencing a spiritual dryness and darkness lately, and this prayer was like refreshing water to my parched spirit. It confirmed in my heart that indeed God's love is enough, a truth that I often find difficult to embrace, as I shared in a previous post. My soul if overflowing with gratefulness at this sweet gift from the Lord, and also for the graces I received this week during my spiritual direction session and the Sacrament of Confession. After Confession with my kind spiritual director, my eyes filled with tears and I felt as if a light was turned on in my soul again when he gave me absolution through Jesus Christ. I thank Jesus for His many consolations to me this week...I certainly didn't deserve them, but perhaps He knew I needed them.
So today, on this special Feast of St. Joseph, I ask for his powerful intercession, that he will pray for me, my family, and my friends to live the message of this beautiful prayer always.
Prayer of St. Teresa of Avila
Let nothing disturb you,
nothing distress you;
while all things fade away,
God is unchanging.
Be patient,
for with God in your heart
nothing is lacking.
God is enough.

No comments:
Post a Comment