Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Mix of Hot and Cold Fun

Over Spring Break this year our family chose a perfect blend of hot and cold fun...


The "big boys" got to spend two full days of carving the cold slopes at Discovery Ski hill.  We went in the middle of the week, so it was like having the entire mountain all to ourselves, which was an extra bonus!
 
While the big boys were outside in the cold, Nathanael and mommy enjoyed hot cinnimon rolls, hot french fries with cheese, and the warmth of each other's company. 
 
Nathanael kept himself happily entertained doing puzzles and occassionally playing "Star Wars Angry Birds" on the iPad.  Doesn't that dimple on his chin just melt your heart?
 
He is such a happy little guy and truly warms my heart every single day!

 
After a day at the cold slopes, we returned to Fairmont Hot Springs Resort to soak in the warm and soothing springs.  I am quite certain that heaven is going to have hot springs too :)
 
Joseph and Michael have sure turned into amazing swimmers after their experience with being on the St. Andrew Swim Team this year.  I am happy that all of our boys take to the water like fish.
 
The only fish that I resemble right now is a giant whale!
I think Nathanael was a bit concerned that I would sink if I tried to swim :)
 

While the big boys were skiing the second day, Nathanel, Dominic and I stayed behind at the resort to swim some more and to visit the animals at the resort's petting zoo. 
(Don't worry, we washed our hands when we were finished!)
 
I hope knowing that Spring is just around the corner makes you smile too!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment