I'm happy to report that I have made it to my 24 week mark without being put on bedrest. With my last pregnancy, I was put on bedrest at 21 weeks, so I was apprehensive how things would go this time around. I do have frequent Braxton Hicks contractions, but nothing too regular. At my appointment this week they checked to make sure I was not dilating, which I wasn't, so that was good news. The bad news, however, is that I have been having other troubling symptoms for the past couple of weeks that have my OB a little concerned. I've been feeling a lot of pressure or tightness in my chest, difficulty breathing, and heart palpitations. With my blood clotting disorders, the doctor immediately wanted to make sure I wasn't having a blood clot in my lungs, so I had a CT scan to rule that out (thankfully!). Now my OB wants me to see a cardiologist to do an ultrasound on my heart and to monitor my heart using a Holter monitor/EKG device for 48 hours. Ugh! I am hoping my symptoms will disappear before my appointment with the cardiologist so that I can cancel it. My husband has been gone for a 2 week business trip, so I wonder if that caused extra anxiety which led to the symptoms I was having??? I am trying to take better care of myself this week by removing all caffeine, drinking lots of water (which I am terrible at!), and trying to rest and trust God as much as I can. I'd appreciate any extra prayers you could send my way too--for peace in my heart, healing if there is something that needs to be healed, and for this sweet growing baby to be perfectly healthy. THANK YOU!
Will definitely continue prayers and pray particularly for these health concerns!
ReplyDeletePraying for you and your precious baby!
ReplyDeletePrayers!
ReplyDelete