Yep, we're still here in the bathroom for much of the day, so I thought I better capture a picture of this "fun" experience. :) Nathanael always likes to have a few essential items when he is using the potty: a book or three, a sippy cup, his cool-guy glasses, and his new buddy "the pooping duck." The pooping duck has been a huge asset to our potty training success lately. It's a duck that my mom made for us years ago for Easter. You fill it up with jelly beans or large M&Ms, and then kids give it a squeeze and marvel as the candy gets pooped out the back end! :) Gross, I know, but kids love it, and it has helped motivate Nathanael to go #2 better than all the other bribery tricks we have tried. Nathanael is doing great with peeing on the potty and staying dry throughout the day, but the pooping is still a challenge. I hope with the help of the pooping duck, we will soon be able to have potty training perfected. Until then, we'll just try to laugh, enjoy the ride, and take a few pictures along the way! :)
Lol! Too cute! The "pooping duck" is a clever tool to use in the potty training department. ;-) Good Luck!
ReplyDelete