Monday, January 21, 2013

a praise and a picture or two

This morning I had a follow-up ultrasound at 25 weeks because my 19 week ultrasound showed that the baby's placenta was a bit too close to the cervix.  The doctor wanted to make sure that I didn't have placenta previa, which would make me a likely candidate for a C-section and pose some other risks as well.
 
Well, the good news is that the placenta no longer appears too close to the cervix!  What a relief!  We also learned that our baby is still very much a boy and very adorable.  He is measuring right on track in the 50th percentile.  My cervix is still long, which means I am not dilating or going into labor anytime soon (we hope).  In other words, everything looked perfect.  I was very much relieved, especially after the crazy symptoms I was having these past few weeks, and also because of my history of miscarriages and pre-term labor.  What a blessing to get these sneak-peaks of our little guy in the womb!  His profile and 3D image remind me so much of my other boys' ultrasounds, so I am guessing he will be a little carbon copy of his brothers :)  We are all eager to meet him, but we are praying that he stays put in my womb until full term!
 
Thank you for all your prayers!!!
 
 


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Praise God! I'm so happy to hear that baby is doing well. Will continue to keep you both in my prayers.

    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete