Today I learned that my country elected a president, for the second time, who condones and promotes evil. I know that President Obama must grieve Your heart through his unashamed support of abortion, gay marriage and other evils that are contrary to Your truth. What must offend You even more is that over half of our country voted for him, proclaiming that they believe Obama is right and You, our perfect God who laid down Your life for us, is somehow wrong. Forgive us, sweet Jesus, for clearly we do not know what we do.
I feel deep sadness at how our nation is offending You and causing You to relive the pain of your Passion by the way we cling to our sinful ways--the sins that You died to free us from. I am sorry that our country continues to wound Your loving heart by turning away from the mercy and life-giving truth that You offer. I simply do not know what else to do except to beg for Your continued mercy to be poured upon our nation so that many souls may be saved before it is too late. Even though I am one of Your weakest servants, I pray that I may somehow console Your sorrowing heart through my prayers, my humble sacrifices, and my sincere love for You.
I know You have every right to unleash a just punishment on our nation for choosing a culture of death over Your ways of life and truth, but I do not fear. I do not fear because even though I know You are the just Judge and a severe punishment may surely come, I also know You are my merciful Savior, and that those who believe in Your mercy will be hidden and protected always inside your most Sacred and loving heart.
Filled with sorrow, but profound trust in You Jesus,
Your loving servant,
~Maria
Beautiful! You summed it up beautifully, Maria.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless!
Sonia