On November 10th, we celebrated Nathanael's 2nd birthday. Can he really be 2 years old?! Wow, these past two years have gone by so fast, and he has filled them with so much JOY. My husband and I both marvel from time to time how easy and sweet Nathanael has been since day one. He has been a good sleeper, a good eater, has a mellow temperament, plays well independently, and is incredibly smart too. All in all, he is a delight to everyone in our family! His cute smile and dimpled chin melt my heart daily, and I am so thankful that God blessed us with him in our family.
His party was simple this year, but he was perfectly content with that. We invited one family over to have supper and celebrate with us. I told them not to buy anything for a gift, but rather to re-gift an old book or toy that their kids didn't want any more. They came with 4 FULL BAGS of re-gifted toys!!! Nathanael was a bit overwhelmed with the sheer number of toys they gave him, and he has been playing with all of them non-stop for the past few days. With the money his grandparents sent, we bought him a huge dump truck and some new construction truck books. Even the cake was simple this year, but that seemed OK to Nathanael too. I am slowly learning to let go of some of my perfectionist tendencies, to simplify and accept that I don't need to always make things fancy. With 4 kids, you just have to let some things go...like scrapbooking, birthday cards that arrive on time, thank you notes, pristine toilets, elaborate birthday parties, etc... And you know what? My kids are just has happy without "fancy." So anyway, here are some photos of our truck-lovin' 2-year-old at his special, but not-too-fancy, birthday celebration:
No comments:
Post a Comment