Perhaps some of you remember my depressing little
post awhile back about how I feel like I'm missing something in my life which is depriving me of the joy I know God wants me to have. Well, I'm starting to believe that God ordained this time on bedrest for me to find those missing pieces. I guess He had to force me to be still so that I could hear His still, small voice. In my prayer time, some recurring themes keep coming to me, and I really believe they are the answers to my search for joy and deeper meaning in my life:
- Clothe myself in humility---until selflove disappears
- Be grateful for all things---especially my crosses
- Cultivate a deeper prayer life---make no excuses
- Fill my hunger with heavenly food, the Eucharist---more than once a week
Now that I've found the pieces, I need to pray for the grace to assemble them into my life... Perhaps God will give me the assembly instructions during the remainder of my time on bedrest. Two weeks down, 3 more weeks to go! :)

I am positive He will give you the assembly instructions. I think you're right in that He is using your bedrest to reach you ... bless you for being receptive to Him! :)
ReplyDeleteContinued prayers for you, Maria!! :)