Sunday, October 31, 2010

Wishing You a Holy All Hallow's Eve!





Excitement is in the air today at our house because we are busy preparing for our annual All Saint's Day party that we host. I have two meals cooking in the crock-pot (Heavenly Ham and Potatoes & Totally Saintly Tomato Soup), the boys are putting the finishing touches on their saint costumes, our Saint-O-Lanterns are complete, our saintly pinata is ready to be smashed to bits, we have our saint games all lined up, the boys have been practicing some saintly songs on the piano for all of us to sing tonight, and I have printed a Litany of the Saints prayer for us to pray before our meal. I pray that it will be an evening of glorifying the Lord through the remembrance of His holy saints! It takes a lot of work to reclaim this highly secularized holiday for Christ, but I think it can be done without missing out on any fun! I will post pictures and more details soon.

From our home to yours, wishing you a Holy All Hallow's Eve!

(P.S. Please pray that I don't go into labor before our party...I've been having lots of mild contractions, but I am hoping this baby will stay put at least a few more days!!!)

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Still praying, Maria. See you in a couple hours; we are very excited! :D

    ReplyDelete