Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Oh Happy Day!




Today I reached a huge milestone...35 weeks! What that means is that if I go into labor from here on out, I will be able to deliver at our local hospital, rather than being life-flighted to a bigger hospital with a NICU. I am so relieved. The other good news is that my OB is allowing me off "strict" bed rest. She says I still need to "take it easy" and do a lot of sitting and laying down when I can, but she has now given me permission to be up and about to take the kids to and from school, to attend church, and to go on other short outings. I feel like singing out loud! :) I am so eager to pick up the boys from school and see them run into my open arms again, to go to rosary group and pray with my friends, to go outside with the boys and enjoy the last few days of glorious fall weather...to simply feel like a mom, a person, a useful member of our family again...

The only bad part about this good news is that now that I'm capable of performing my daily duties again, my mom has decided to head back home to SD for a few weeks to catch up on all her responsibilities there. I will miss her terribly, but I know that my dad, my grandma, and many others will be so happy to have her home. I guess I've been spoiled by her for nearly 5 weeks, so it's time for me to share :) Plus, she is leaving me with a freezer full of meals, a clean house, and 3 very happy boys whose love tanks are filled to the brim with Grandma's love...so I really cannot complain. My mom is truly amazing...a walking saint...and I desperately hope to follow in her godly footsteps. I'm convinced that her prayers and her helping hands have kept this little baby in my womb these past weeks---and also kept Paul, the kids, and I sane and happy during this trial. Thanks for everything mom! May God shower you with blessings!!!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Praise God, Maria! I cannot wait to see you all at Rosary tomorrow! :D :D :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete