Here is my handsome husband, tranquil in the great outdoors and dreaming of shooting an elk this month
Here are my kids, loving the great outdoors and trying to catch bugs
Here's a visual image of how I feel while my husband is away on his hunting adventure :}I'm missing my honey this week (as I will be next week and the week after too). He is away on a hunting expedition with a buddy from work (who, by the way, is a modern-day MacGyver, so that helps me feel good about his safety), along with my dad and my 3 brothers (I'm also thankful he gets along so well with my family). I think I understand as much as any woman, since I was raised in a house full of hunting men, that men need to get away and "be manly-men" sometimes. They are wired to be wild at heart and I respect that. I am truly thankful that my husband is able to put meat on the table and find genuine fulfillment in the great outdoors, and I really, really, really do hope that he gets an elk on this trip and has a great time...
But I have to honestly say I'm struggling today with some bitterness. Perhaps it's because I accidentally locked myself out of the house this week (and where was my knight in shining armor?...floating down the Missouri River scouting for elk), or perhaps it's because my kids have colds and have been a bit whiny (and where was my knight in shining armor?...bonding with his buddy in the tranquil great outdoors), or perhaps it's because I'm overwhelmed with all that needs to get done without my knight in shining armor here to rescue me at the end of the day. I really am trying to be joyful and to offer up my tiredness and moments of resentment. But please offer a prayer of joyful perseverance for me, and while you're at it, offer a prayer that my husband gets an elk ASAP so that he can come home sooner rather than later :) I'm sure my outlook will improve tremendously at the end of next week when my saintly mother is coming to rescue me for a few days. The moment she arrives, she has a way of making all stress disappear and replacing it with fun and productivity. She truly is amazing (those of you who know her know exactly what I'm talking about!), and I am thankful I have her visit to look forward to. See, I feel better already :)
When your Mom is done at your house, tell her we'd love to have her here for a while! :)
ReplyDelete