Sunday, September 27, 2009

ABRAKADABRA!!!


Uncle Jon being Joseph's volunteer for a magical card trick.
"Hey Joseph, could you magically make Jon's side-burns disappear, please?"

"ABRAKADABRA!"

This week my brother Jon came to visit for an evening (in route to join "The Hunting Camp" with my husband, my dad, and my 2 other brothers the following morning). We packed a lot of food, fun, and magic into that short evening. Uncle Jon brought gifts for all the boys, which was a huge hit (I think gift-giving is Uncle Jon's love language...it must run in the family because that's definitely mine too) :) After the boys played with their new toys and talked non-stop to Uncle Jon, it was time for supper. I made a delicious Chicken Pesto Lasagna...however, as I was taking the tin foil off the top, one of the lasagna noodles stuck to the tin foil and fell to the bottom of the hot oven creating a nice smokey display. And then it was time for the real excitement: Joseph's Amazing Magic Show! He did a fine job, and truly did amaze us with a few of his tricks. And, boy, did he do a few tricks...24 to be exact. It was a 45 minute performance, and he certainly kept us entertained! I was hoping that for his last trick, he would magically make Uncle Jon's strange side-burns disappear and reapper on top of his head where his hair belongs :) Abrakadabra just couldn't cut it for that trick. Oh well, all of us love Uncle Jon just the way he is. Truly, he has a heart of gold and my boys think he hung the moon. I think he's pretty swell too; however, I still harbor some resentment from years and years of being tortured as his little sister :}

post signature

1 comment:

  1. "I made a delicious Chicken Pesto Lasagna"

    OOooh, recipe please?! :D

    ReplyDelete