Sunday, November 13, 2016

Grandparents are the Greatest

Last month my parents came for a visit when Paul was away on a work trip.  Of course, I wish my parents simply lived in the same town as us so that we could see them whenever we wanted to, but I am so grateful that they are willing to drive the 12 hour road trip from South Dakota to come to my rescue a few times a year and to spend quality time with their grand-kids.  We spent a wonderful week together, mostly relaxing and playing games, but we got a few projects done too--my mom is the queen of getting things done.  My mom is also the queen of having fun with her grand-kids.  She spent tons of time doing puzzles or baking cookies with little Isaiah while his big brothers were all at school, and then once the older boys got home, she would play cards with them until bedtime (or far past bedtime!).  My dad took the big boys salmon snagging because fishing is his passion, so we now have jars of canned salmon in our pantry--those will come in handy during Lent.  I am so blessed to have such awesome parents, and my kids are blessed to have the greatest grandparents God could have possibly given them!

Paul is always happy when my parents come too, because he knows that I will be happy and well taken care of while he is gone. :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment