Monday, September 22, 2014

Our First GIRL-toy!!!


This is noteworthy, this is memorable, this is worth pictures and blogging about...  

For 13 years I have been surrounded by boy-toys.  I have been in the middle of Nerf battles and pretended to have jet air raids more times than I can count.  But now, we finally have a girl-toy in our house!  The other day as we were strolling through the toy aisles at Target, I had an epiphany:  my boys need to learn how to be sensitive gentlemen rather than just war-mongers that blow everything up.  So, I turned down the "girl-aisle" and suggested to Nathanael that what his castle collection at home really needs is a princess for the knights to protect.  His eyes lit up, and he selected a Princess Sofia doll.

As soon as we got home we started some chivalry training, and that night Nathanael tucked Princess Sofia snugly in the castle dungeon, surrounded by brave knights willing to give their lives in order to protect her.  Yes, we still have some training to do, but hey, it's a start!  :)   



Three cheers for Sofia, the Princess!
Three cheers that chivalry is not dead at our house! :)


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Yay. So cute. Hope Princess survives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!...this post made me smile and giggle. How fun. I am sure Sophia will love living in the castle at your house! Hugs and Prayers from Nebraska. :)

    ReplyDelete