We now have a TEENAGER in our house, and Joseph celebrated his birthday in true teenage fashion. He didn't want a party, nor presents, nor party favors (he wouldn't even let me bring treats to school this year!?!?). He just wanted to invite a few buddies to go mountain biking with his ne mountain bike.
They had an epic time despite the strenuous uphill climb, despite the dangerous switch-backs, and even despite the 3 crashes involving scrapes, bruises, and a cactus impaled in a leg. Danger and blood apparently make things more fun for boys. Good thing they have their adventurous father to help make birthday parties like this one happen.
Here is Joseph with four of his best and bravest buddies!
From left to right: Daniel, Isaiah, Aidan, Alex, and Joseph
Dear Joseph,
Daddy and I are so proud of the young man you have become...
Calm and confident,
Smart and witty,
Athletic and artsy,
Handsome and helpful.
You now where shoes bigger than your mom,
and deodorant daily like your dad :)
We trust you to mow the lawn
and babysit your brood of brothers.
How crazy, how wonderful.
We love you
our first teenager.
Wow, a teenager already! I feel like I have been watching your boys grow through the years I have been following your wonderful blog and I cannot believe how much all of them , especially Joseph, have grown! Happy Birthday, Joseph! Blessings for many, many more birthdays to come!!
ReplyDeleteFun post! But SO hard to believe! Looks like a wonderful time!
ReplyDelete-stacy schaub