This weekend was the final day of the All Mountain Ski Club for our older boys at the Great Divide Ski Hill. Eight Saturdays of fun on the slopes, with a private instructor teaching them how to become better skiers, while covering nearly every run on the entire ski hill. Joseph used a yellow highlighter on his ski map to color in each new run that he went on every week, and basically the whole map is neon yellow now. This was the boys second year in the Ski Club, and I am amazed at how good they became so fast. They can now ski on any terrain, and they think double black diamonds are the
only runs worth skiing (yes, they have become slightly overconfident punks in my opinion...but perhaps I'm just jealous since I can only ski greens and blues!) They absolutely loved every minute of their time on the slopes. Bitter cold temperatures and blustery winds never seemed to dampen their fun. Paul got to spend many hours on the slopes with them this year, since I had to take a hiatus to protect our little bun in the oven (yes, I was a bit bitter about this, but I'm getting over it!) :} I am looking forward to next year when I can ski with the boys again instead of just being their photographer :) Here are some photos of my handsome skiers...
Joseph looking cool and confident, ready to hit the slopes for the last time at the Great Divide Ski Hill.
Michael our sweet-looking but speedy and fearless little skier.
Joseph and Michael with their best ski buddy, Alex, waiting to receive their Ski Club diplomas.
Michael and Alex were in the same group in the Ski Club, so they got to spend extra time handing out on the slopes and in the lodge.
One of the best parts about Ski Club was the tasty cheesy fries and soda that the boys usually had for lunch (this was mommy's favorite part BY FAR!)
Cold snow and hot fries make the perfect combination according to Michael.
Thanks, Great Divide Ski Hill, for another great season of skiing and learning for my boys! We'll see you again next year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment