Seriously, just go put on those sexy bowling shoes,
...pick out a hot pink ball,
...embarrass your husband by taking photos of him with a pastel purple ball,
...beat him in 2 out of 3 games,
...then tell him he's a very handsome loser,
...and then hopefully he'll take you out for dessert,
and your marriage will be so much sweeter!
Sidenote: Paul and I very rarely go out on dates since we live so far away from family, but every time we do miraculously go out, we are reminded how wonderful and important it is! We were blessed last week with an overnight date while we were visiting my parents in South Dakota. We ate at a great restaurant, went bowling with the whole bowling alley all to ourselves (that only happens in small town South Dakota!), then went out for drinks and dessert afterwards. The best part was that we reserved the same hotel room that we had on our wedding night, which of course brought back many sweet memories...but I'll spare you those details! :) Even though Paul and I know how much our marriage needs these special date nights, we are at a loss for how to make it happen on a regular basis. If any of you have any tips, please share them!
I know that I fail to do this, but you can ask friends to watch your children. In fact, switching nights with friends while you each take care of the others kids would work really well. I would be game and Madelle would love the boys over for an evening.
ReplyDelete