Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mousey's 2 Month Update

I apologize for my lapse in blogging this past month! We spent our Christmas in Arizona (pictures coming soon, I promise!), and ever since coming home I feel like I've been playing catch-up, learning to live on little amounts of sleep, and re-establishing every one's routine. I'm still at bit sleep-deprived, but at least I'm feeling somewhat caught up on things, so hopefully my blogging routine should resume once again :)

I can't believe Nathanael, our Natey-Baby, our sweet Mousey-Mouse, is 2 months old already! He continues to be as cute as a mouse, but his "squeaks" have certainly gotten louder when he is hungry or tired :) All of us are enjoying the fact that he has started smiling and having cooing conversations with us. I had forgotten how sweet it is to hold a baby... the softness of his peach-fuzz hair, the gentle suckling sounds of nursing, the rhythm of his breathing as he falls asleep...it is new all over again with each child, and equally as sweet. What a gift.

I took Nathanael in for his 2 month check up this week, and Paul and I made the decision not to vaccinate quite yet. After having two close friends recently learn that they have children with autism, and after researching the possible link between autism and vaccinations, we have decided to take a different approach this time with Nathanael. We still plan to vaccinate, but with a different schedule than is traditionally used. So far, we are leaning towards the "Dr. Sear's approach," which is to start vaccinations at 4 months and spread out the shots so that our child never gets more than 2 shots at a time. That way Nathanael's little body is not over-loaded with things like mercury, aluminum, or live-viruses--things which his tiny body might not be able to handle and might lead to side-effects that we don't want. Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps there is no link. But I'd rather error on the side of caution. We are also very disturbed by recently learning that shots like the MMR and Chickenpox are derived from aborted fetal tissue (A company called "Children of God for Life" has put together a very infomative brochure if you're interested in reading more about this topic: http://www.cogforlife.org/vaxbrochure1109.pdf). We wish we could refuse those vaccinations altogether or find un-tainted sources (which apparently do not exist yet in the US)...but as of yet, we have not decided what we will do about the MMR or chickenpox vaccinations. I'd be all ears for any thoughts on the issue. Anyway, for now our plan is simply to spread out the vaccinations that Nathanael needs and continue to pray that if we do our best, God will do the rest!

Anyway, enough serious talk...instead, check out these SERIOUSLY cute 2-month photos of Nathanael! :)

Serious...



Less Serious...



Seriously Happy!



We SERIOUSLY LOVE YOU little man!!!


post signature

3 comments:

  1. We also did the Dr. Sears schedule of shots, and we refused the chicken pox and mmr. I believe when our "Pearl" is 5, they can test her to see if she has any natural immunity to these two and if the other vaccinations are good. I'm hoping that they will continue to research other ethical alternatives for the chicken pox and mmr. Maybe sometime down the road it'll be available, but in the meantime we'll opt out of those two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are GREAT! Especially his smile!! *melts*

    ReplyDelete